- Recruiting employees for the store is the store manager’s prime responsibility. He not only has to hire the right candidates for the store but also train them for their overall development. He must ensure that all the employees (floor manager, department manager, cashier and so on) contribute to their level best for the effective functioning of the store. He must act as a strong pillar of support and stand by his team at the hour of crisis. It is his duty to acquaint his team members with the latest trends in fashion or any other newly launched retail software. It is his responsibility to delegate responsibilities to his subordinates according to their specializations and extract the best out of them. The store manager must motivate his team members from time to time.
- The store manager must make sure his store is meeting the targets and earning profits. He is responsible for the smooth and effective functioning of the store.
- The store manager is responsible for maintaining the overall image of the store. It is his duty to sensibly display the merchandise so that it immediately catches the attention of the customers. The store manager must ensure that his store meets the expectations of the customers and lives up to its predefined brand image.He must ensure:
- The store is kept clean
- Shelves and racks are properly stocked and products do not fall off the shelves.
- Mannequins are kept at the right place to attract the customers into the store and rotated frequently.
- The merchandise should be according to the season as well as the latest trends.
- The store is well lit, ventilated and offers a positive ambience to the customers.
- The signage displaying the name and logo of the store is installed at the right place and viewable to all.
- The store manager is to make the customers feel safe and comfortable in the store. It is his key responsibility to make sure that the customer leaves the store with a pleasant smile.
- He is responsible for managing the assets of the store. The security and safety of the store is his responsibility. The store manager must ensure that sufficient inventory is available at the store to avoid being “out of stock”.
- He along with his subordinates are responsible for planning, managing profit and loss, handling cash at the store as well as collating daily sales as well as other necessary reports.
- He must ensure that the store is free from pilferage.
DEGREE,HND,DIPLOMA AND ANY OTHER PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE