- Customer-Service: Food and beverage managers managers might have to interact with customers. Being friendly and courteous will help keep customers coming back.
- Attention to Detail: Food and beverage managers have to keep their eyes on a lot of elements: food standards, costs, safety, etc.
- Leadership: Food and beverage managers must be leaders in the back of house, rallying their team during heavy shifts, resolving conflicts and getting the job done.
- Management Skills: Food and beverage managers not only deal with food, they also have to deal with costs, pricing, creating work schedules and more.
- Organizational Skills: Keeping work schedules, shipments, cleaning schedules and more organized is crucial to the job.
- Problem-Solving Skills: Dealing with employee conflict, irate customers and wrong stock orders is part of a food and beverage manager’s job. Being able to come up with a solution quickly is a needed skill.
- Speaking Skills: Food and beverage managers need to accurately and easily communicate standards and cooking methods to staff, give orders and speak with customers clearly.
DIPLOMA,HND,DEGREE AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE