1.Participate in preventive maintenance program for plant equipment, machinery and related
facilities; identify equipment maintenance needs; record mechanical equipment readings; ensure
accuracy of records kept.
2. Perform routine mechanical, electrical, welding, or machining maintenance activities on
equipment including lubrication, inspection, and replacement parts; order and maintain stock
levels of lubricants used in plant equipment.
3. Maintain records of plant function readings and equipment history; maintain preventative
maintenance records and schedules.
CITY OF SIMI VALLEY
Plant Maintenance Technician I/II (Continued)
4. Conduct performance tests of plant equipment using tachometers, pressure gauges, flowmeter,
amp and volt meters.
5. Diagnose, troubleshoot, update and repair malfunctioning plant equipment; maintain, repair and
overhaul treatment plant equipment including aeration blowers, barminutors, pumps and motors,
compressors, belt press, valves, drive units, hydraulic control units, chlorinators, chemical
feeders, pneumatic equipment and hydraulic pressure systems.
6. Participate in the installation of wastewater treatment plant equipment; participate in making
modifications to equipment for maximum treatment process performance.
7. Perform pipefitting; install and repair air, sewer and hydraulic piping systems.
8. Maintain efficient records on operations and activities; maintain plant safety records; maintain
and record shipping and receiving of parcels; prepare a variety of reports on data.
9. Ensure and adhere to safe work practices and procedures including, but not limited to lockout/tag
out and confined space rules and regulations.
10. Interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and diagrams for a variety of wastewater systems.
DIPLOMA,HND,DEGREE AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE