- Answer the telephone and directing calls to appropriate staff
- Maintain office files and church documentations for easy retrieval
- Keep Pastor and appropriate Elders, etc abreast of members’ illnesses, etc
- Maintain the church and pastor’s calendars
- Coordinate and train volunteers
- Enter contributions into the computer weekly
- Process invoices and accounts receivables
- Ensure that office equipment is maintained and in workable condition, and stocked with paper, toner, etc.
- Maintain adequate inventory of office supplies for the office and various departments
- Purchase office supplies and equipment
- Work closely with the Pastor and Board in establishing the yearly church budget.
- Ensure that each department receives a copy of its budget
- Monitor the overall budget
- Consult with department heads regarding their administrative needs
- Ensure that first-time visitors and new members receive a letter and/or packet, as appropriate
- Reconcile bank statements monthly
- Ensure deposit made by the Finance Committee matches what is submitted to you to put into the computer
- Make payroll deposits before due date
- Prepare and submit appropriate tax paperwork, to include, 941s, W2s, etc. Ensure that any new staff completes a W4 and all guest ministers complete a W9 prior to the church paying them.
- Other duties as assigned
BSC,DEGREE,HND,DIPLOMA AND ANY OTHER PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE