- Greet customers or other personnel of the firm by phone, in person, or through electronic media, including email
- Assess the needs of customers and provide information concerning the services, procedures, and guidelines of the firm
- Handle requests and transactions, or direct the matter or person to the proper department
- Assist in resolving problems and complaint raised by unsatisfied customers
- Process applications or forms to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Compute and verify data, fees or payments
- Enter data and forward paperwork afterwards
- Use personal computer and a host of other office software applications, including word processing, email, and file management tools
- Prepare files and documents in MS-Word by using predefined templates or by creating them from the scratch
- Create and maintain files in Excel
- May be asked to make PowerPoint presentations and use databases or Access
- Operate office equipment like fax machines and printers
- Perform data gathering and research activities and provide reports or summaries of information collected
- Prepare or maintain reports of records and other statistical and quantitative data
- May act as receiver of mail and correspondence for the work unit or department
- Responsible for opening or reviewing correspondence and determining proper action to be taken
- Responsible for departmental supplies and inventories, including tracking status and orders
- File documents; develop and modify filing practices – this includes the usage of electronic in addition to paper records
- Coordinate and organize department activities and functions like meetings; schedule, obtain use of rooms, and set up the rooms and equipment to be used.
- Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence; copying information.
- Maintains supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to work stations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance; troubleshooting failures; calling for repairs; monitoring equipment operation; monitoring and purchasing meter fund
- Maintains office schedule by picking-up and delivering items using automobile.
- Serves customers by backing-up receptionist; answering questions; forwarding messages; confirming customer orders; keeping customers informed of order status.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
DEGREE,HND,DIPLOMA AND ANY OTHER PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE