1) Provide a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
2) Attend to children’s basic needs by feeding them, dressing them, and changing their diapers.
3) Teach basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills.
4) Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and procedures for maintaining order.
5) Read books to entire classes or to small groups.
6) Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development, such as games, arts and crafts, music, storytelling, and field trips.
7) Observe and evaluate children’s performance, behavior, social development, and physical health.
8) Identify children showing signs of emotional, developmental, or health-related problems, and discuss them with supervisors, parents or guardians, and child development specialists.
HND,DIPLOMA,SHS AND ANY OTHER PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE