1.Operate the excavator/hoe and other heavy equipment in a safe and appropriate manner.
- Perform daily maintenance and safety checks of equipment.
- Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment, and clean, lubricate and refill equipment as necessary.
- Work with ground personnel in the excavation and installation process of laying pipe on line and grade.
- Ensure trench is excavated to the proper depth/grade.
- Responsible for placement of water, storm and sanitary sewer pipe in the excavation.
- Follow directions of ground crew regarding craning, gravel placement and grading.
- Cut grade with minimal time spent on excavating to ensure production is on schedule.
- Conduct trench work, which meets OH&S requirements.
- Operate Excavator/Hoe on public roadways, maintaining proper awareness of ones surroundings.
- Ensure a sound understanding of the issues involving ground disturbance.
- Be aware of proper rigging of pipe, manhole barrels, etc. and ensure safe work procedures are followed during the lowering of materials into the excavation.
- Perform routine cleaning and maintenance to ensure smooth operation of the Excavator/Hoe.
- Train new employees in the safe and efficient operation of the Excavator/Hoe.
- Operate other heavy equipment and other construction related duties as required.
16.Must ensure a solid understanding of, and comply with the principles of the company’s Code of Ethics.
- Must examine situations in light of the principles of the Code of Ethics.
NVTI AND OTHER PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATE