1.Repairs, maintains and alters buildings, retaining walls and other brick or stone edifices.
2. Mixes mortar; lays bricks and stones and/or concrete sidewalks; makes and repairs steps.
3. Patches and/or replaces brick or stonework chimneys.
4. Installs and repairs tile floors and/or walls.
5. Reads blueprints.
6. Plasters ceilings and/or walls.
7. Estimates masonry jobs.
8. Does carpentry work incidental to masonry work.
9. Assigns work to a helper or apprentice.
10. Picks up requisitioned tools and materials from vendors.